Fire outbreak
Fire outbreak

The 10-room apartment in a compound house near Ghanata School in Oforikrom, a suburb of the Suhum Municipality in the Eastern Region, was completely devastated by a fire outbreak.

It is suspected that a candle, which was lit during a six-hour power outage in the Eastern Region and other areas of Ghana, is the cause of the fire.

The event occurred at approximately 9:30 pm on March 10, 2024.

The people living in the house got out safely, but unfortunately, they lost everything they owned.

However, with the assistance of neighbors, the Ghana National Fire Service (GNFS) successfully stopped the fire from spreading to nearby houses.

One of the victims said that she got a call informing her that the building was on fire. However, she was able to rescue her child who was inside the building when the incident happened.

“I was sleeping last night when someone called me, and that was when I realized the whole place had been gutted by fire. At the time, one of my children was still inside so I courageously went in and brought him out. I have lost everything. I don’t even know who gave me the dress I am wearing now,” she said.

The fire outbreak is currently being investigated by the Suhum Fire Station and the Ghana Police Service. The National Disaster Management Organization (NADMO) has also visited the scene to evaluate the damage


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here